Using DL Windows
Using the DL Windows software is the best way to keep your Access Control system operating at peak performance. Unfortunately, sometimes working with this software is foreign to new users and may seem like a daunting task. The following, is a list of information and tips to help guide you along your way.
1. Create a shortcut on your desktop to open the DL Windows program, and double click.
2. You will be prompted for a username (default) and a password. If you have not created this information yet, just hit enter on your keyboard and you will be logged in.
3. The next step is to click on the "open" button, which is located in the top right corner.
4. This white window that extends down the right hand side, is "accounts section"
5. Select the account you wish you work with (usually your business name) and hit the (+) drop down to display the door selections.
6. If you are sending information to the lock, or receiving information from the lock (audit trail) select the door you wish to work with. If you are simply making changes to user information, then just double click any door.
7. The screen that has now opened is the screen you will use to send/receive information. If you notice, there is a button located in the bottom left on the new window that reads "send/receive," this button is not needed at this time.
8. To make changes to users, including name, pin number, card numbers, access to specific doors, you will need to click on the "global" button located on the same bar that the "open" button was found.
9. The global screen is where you will always make changes to this information.
10. To add users, simply click a blank box in the name column (located on the left) and then switch to the middle of the window and manually type in the users first and last name, their pin number or enter their card information in the appropriate fields.
11. Once the information is entered and the blank box, located on the left hand side, has a name and pin/card information, you can grant access to this user with the numbered blocks in the right hand corner.
12. These blocks represent doors. By double clicking a white block, you will turn it green. If you double click again, the block will turn red. And if you double click one more time, it will turn back to white. The Flying Locksmiths recommend that you never turn any block white. Leave users either red or green.
13. Green grants the user access. Red denies access. White does not register anything, and will not show up during an audit trail, rendering it useless. AVOID WHITE BLOCKS.
14. Once you have entered all of the user names and turned them green/red, you can start grouping the users into time zones. If you are not using time zones, please go ahead and download our upload guide to load to information into the lock.
15. To create a time zone click "schedule" located in the same bar as "open" and "global"
16. This screen displays a "start time" and an "stop time" that can be changed by clicking in the box and typing your desired time of granting access and time of denying access. This timeframe will not be tied to everyone. Only the people you will set it too.
17. Once you have entered to desired times, navigate to the bottom portion of the screen and next to "event number 1" under "description" manually type the action that is going to take place during this time. This could be enable group, auto open, auto lock, etc.
18. Next, under "user or group ID", set the group number you want to associate to this time zone. It"s recommended that you avoid group #2 to avoid complications with other setting later on. Or if you are not associating time zones to groups of people and you just wish to have the lock open and close at certain times, leave this field empty.
19. Next, under "event" click the box to bring up the drop down menu and select the action that you wish to take place during your time zone.
20. Finally, under "time zone" select the time zone you created above. Your time zone number is displayed in the top right corner of this window.
21. Once your time zone information is all set, click "Switch to Sched. View" which will save the information.
22. Close this screen and return to the global window. (If you are just working on a auto open and auto unlock than download our upload instructions and proceed.)
23. In the global window, select the people who are restricted within your newly created time zone, and and click "set group assignment" located under the prox card information.
24. Just like the door selection process, turn the white block to green for the group number you have associated with the time zone. (remembering to avoid group 2)
25. Once you have allocated your group to each individual, you are ready to send the information.
26. Click here for uploading instructions.
Add Another Lock Instructions
In DL Windows
To add another lock you existing database please follow these instructions.
1. Open the DL Windows program and click "open"
2. In the right hand pane, select the account you are adding a lock too and make sure the account name is highlighted.
3. Right click once and select "New Lock"
4. WARNING! MAKE SURE NOT TO CLICK "DELETE ACCOUNT" This will remove all information from the database and you will have to start from scratch.
5. Once you have click "New Lock" a window will open where you can enter the name of this lock (back door, front door, side, garage, etc.)
6. Under "Lock Type" select the model that is currently on your door. This information can be provided to you by calling The Flying Locksmiths at 1-800-649-KEYS.
7. Click "OK" and your new lock will be setup and ready to program.
Source by Brett McMenimon